Tuesday, April 10, 2007

Mozart: Symphonies 1/7

The interpretation of all these pieces is impeccable, with a small orchestra, clear sound and precise tempo. I would call it in my humble ignorance as a neutral interpretation.

Symphony 24 has a beautiful Allegro 3rd movement, that contrasts in creativity with both first movements. Very pleasant to listen.

Symphony 26 is quite intranscendental, not too pleasant nor too tragic.

Unnumbered symphony KV 196 is small, fast, and nice.

Symphony 29 has a famous first movement, which is very enjoyable. Curiously, and I do not know exactly what instrument it is, there is a sound, distinctly heard in the Andante, that is very much like a Glockenspiel.

Symphony 32's Allegro spiritoso sounds so much like Beethoven! The climax is the same, the orchestration. This just reminds me of the piece of information I have heard a couple of times that Beethoven was Mozart's pupil, which as far as I know is false.



Mozart Akademie Amsterdam, Jaap ter Linden













Name Key Catalogue Musicians Observations
Symphony 24B flatKV 182
Symphony 26E flatKV 184
Symphony D KV 196
Symphony 29 A KV 201
Symphony 32 G KV 318

No comments: