Saturday, March 24, 2007

Bach: Brandenburgische Konzerte 4,5,6

Breathtaking! Absolutely outstanding! (Knowing me, I think I have to be in specially receptive mood now)

Although I have heard them many many times, (and I have heard this precise recording before, Brilliant CDI-2) it still sounds so new. Such a compelling tempo, crystal clear distinction of instruments. For example in the Allegro of BWV 1049, I just noticed some virtuosissimi violin scales that I had not distinguished in any other recording.

Concerto no. 4 G BWV 1049
Rémy Baudet, violin
Pieter-Jan Belder, Saskia Coolen, recorder

Concerto no. 5 D BWV 1050
Wilbert Hazelzet, traverso
Rémy Baudet, violin
Pieter-Jan Belder, harpsichord

Concerto no. 6 B flat BWV 1051
Staas Swierstra, Sayuri Yamagata, viola
Mieneke van der Velden, Johannes Boer, viola da gamba
Lucia Swarts, cello

Pieter-Jan Belder, conducts Musica Amphion.

No comments: